Welcome To The Food Service Department
- NEW for 2023-24: ALL STUDENTS RECEIVE ALL FIRST MEALS FREE!
- We STRONGLY encourage ALL families to continue to complete the Education Benefits Form regardless of food service participation. Completion of this form helps our students qualify for MANY additional programs. See the IT'S MORE THAN THE FORM flyer for details.
- Please review the RAPS Food Service Payment Guidelines in the Meal Prices/Payments section. RAPS has a NO charging of meals policy to student accounts.
- You can check your child's account status on Skyward, and set up notifications for balances below $5.00.
- Due to a severe nut allergy, the students in fourth grade are NUT RESTRICTED. Please use caution and restrict the nut products you send to school with your children.
Costs for Meals
|Building||Full Price||Reduced Price|
|Roscommon Elementary School Breakfast||FREE||FREE|
|Roscommon Elementary School Lunch||FREE||FREE|
|Roscommon Middle School Breakfast||FREE||FREE|
|Roscommon Middle School Lunch||FREE||FREE|
|Roscommon High School Breakfast||FREE||FREE|
|Roscommon High School Lunch||FREE||FREE|
A La Carte Items
Your child has the option to purchase extra food items and healthy a la carte items daily in the cafeteria, this can be paid in cash or charged to your child's account. If your child brings lunch from home and purchases milk, it will cost $0.45.
Prepay Your Account Anytime
Notice to parents and staff: Our food service operates on a prepay account method not on credit. You are responsible for making sure there is enough money in the account BEFORE purchasing food items. Charging is NOT allowed.
RAPS Payment Guidelines
View the RAPS Food Service Payment Guidelines as set by the Board of Ed in regard to meal charging of student meals.
*There will be a $5.00 charge for checks returned for non-sufficient funds.
USDA Non Discrimination
In accordance with Federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, the USDA, its Agencies, offices, and employees, and institutions participating in or administering USDA programs are prohibited from discriminating based on race,color, national origin, sex, disability, age, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity in any program or activity conducted or funded by USDA.
Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication for program information (e.g. Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language, etc.), should contact the Agency (State or local) where they applied for benefits. Individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing or have speech disabilities may contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339. Additionally, program information may be made available in languages other than English.
Food Service Director
10600 Oakwood Dr.
Roscommon, MI 48653
Dietary Accomodations Request
The following form is required to be on file according to USDA regulations. A new form is required each school year for each student who is requesting a special dietary needs accommodation. This form is required to be signed by a licensed physician. Juice is not a substitute for a milk or lactose intolerance. Lactose Free Milk and Soy Milk are available.
Use Chartwells Catering Service to cater your next school affiliated event! Call the Food Service department to find out more!
If you are looking for on-call, or part-time work, please contact Food Service Director Valerie Larange. We are always looking for people that love working around kids and food, and enjoy having great hours! See about joining our team!