Parents and Community Members As Partners
Roscommon Area Public Schools takes pride in our small community. Many parents and community members volunteer their time and resources to support and enrich our schools. We and our students thank you!
Not A Volunteer Yet?
Who are RAPS volunteers?
RAPS volunteers are parents, grandparents, aunts, uncles, older siblings and community members. All volunteers must submit to mandated background checks before working within the schools. You can find the Consent to Background Check form at the office of any district building. Complete and return to the office at which you'd like to volunteer. The form is good for the current school year only. One completed form is good for all district schools.
What can I do?
There are many opportunities for parents and community members to volunteer in any of our schools. Tutor: in-class or after-school, additional math support, supplemental computer help. Give your time: as readers, at the Book Fair, at Family Involvement Night, on a School Improvement Team, Presenting the ELF Environmental Learning toolkit at RES.
Top 10 ways for our families to stay informed:
1. Sign up for our email Newsletters
2. See daily announcements and news at www.rapsk12.net
3. View or add our District Calendar to to your Google calendar for upcoming events.
4. Visit your child's Teacher Website or Google Classroom.
5. Set up Skyward Notifications for student progress and food service accounts.
LIKE Roscommon Area Public Schools, Roscommon High School, RAPS Bands & Roscommon High School Choir on Facebook.
FOLLOW Bucks Athletics on Twitter.
7. Tune in to the local News and Radio stations listed at left during an inclement weather or an emergency.
8. Listen when Skylert phone message service calls regarding special events or emergency information.
9. View the RHS Counseling Calendar for information regarding SAT testing, college visits and more.
10. Visit our RHS Scholarship webpage.
For parents and students experiencing technology issues please email the Tech Department at:
RAPS STUDENT HELP DESK email firstname.lastname@example.org
1. Create an email.
2. In the "To" box, type or select: email@example.com
3. In the email, state your issues. Include a brief description of what you are seeing, error messages, school Chromebook or personal device, and if necessary who was the teacher and what time did the issue occur.
A tech will respond to your message as soon as possible.
Resources For Helping Children Manage Stress
In an emergency...
Tune in to these radio and news stations for the latest school delay/closing info:
Radio WDPK/WBYB: Gaylord
Radio WTCM: Traverse City
Radio Northern Christian: Gaylord
Northern Star Broadcasting
MacDonald Garber Broadcasting
Radio WBMI: WestBranch
Radio WQPN/WGRY: Grayling
TV9/10 WWTV & TV Fox33
TV4/7 WWVP &