Student Enrollment at RAPS

Available Enrollment Dates

Please register your child before the start of the school year when possible if your child is new to our district. Our offices maintain summer hours which pertain to the 2 weeks after school in June and 2 weeks before school in August. Office staff are available to answer questions and enroll your child at that time. For information and registering your Kindergartner, visit our Kindergarten Round-Up page.

School of Choice Applicants

School of Choice Applications are accepted each school year in the month of August.  To see if you are located within our district, view the RAPS District Boundaries map. For more information on making Roscommon Area Public Schools your choice, see our School of Choice webpage. To arrange a building tour, contact the Administrative Offices.

Enrollment Requirements

When enrolling your child as a new student, the following items must be presented before your child can be officially enrolled and allowed to begin school:

  • Birth Certificate as required by Michigan Law (child's name must match the legal name on the document and it must be an official copy)

  • Immunization record (must be current before beginning school)

  • Proof of residency must include parent/guardians address,no P.O. - Acceptable documents are driver's license, utility bill, rental receipts, signed lease or mortgage agreement, pay stub, or public assistance document

  • Proof of custody (required if child does not live with both parents)

  • Copy of current report card.

  • For students receiving Special Education Services, a copy of the IEP (Individualized Education Plan)

If you child has received assistance with speech or special education or has any medical concerns that may affect his/her daily routine or ability to participate in specific activities, please notify us so we may take this into consideration when placing your child.

Michigan Law Immunization Requirements
According to Michigan law, a principal is prohibited from admitting new students without a record of having received at least one immunization dose for each of these illnesses:  measles, mumps, rubella, polio, diphtheria, tetanus, and pertussis. 

Records for new students to the district as well as incoming kindergarten students will be reviewed for compliance. If there are no records of immunization or incomplete records, a notice will be sent to the parents or guardians. 

Students not in compliance will be excluded from school until correct documentation or proof of immunization is presented.  If parents have a religious or other other objection to immunization, they may sign a waiver to be kept on file.  The parent may provide a Statement of Objection for Medical Reasons which must be signed by a physician.  Immunizations can be obtained at your local health department or your physician.  The School-based Health Clinic can provide immunizations for current students only.

Immunization Requirements

  • For all children entering kindergarten, all 6th grade students, and all students new to the district:  two doses of Varicella (Var) vaccine or history of chickenpox disease.

  • For all children 11-18 years of age who are new to the district or or enrolled in 6th grade:  One dose of Meningococcal (MCV4 or MPSV54) vaccine.

  • For children 11-18 years of age, 6th grade students, and students new to the district one dose of Tetanus/Diphtheria/Acellular pertussis (Tdap) vaccine.  If 5 years have passed since last dose of tetanus/diphtheria vaccine- DTap, TD or DT.

If you wish to call the Roscommon County Health Department to schedule an appointment, please do so as soon as possible.  This will allow the health department time to have all students in compliance for the new school year.  If you prefer to use your local doctor, please make your appointment and submit proof of appointment to the school office. 

District Enrollment Documents

School Choice application window is in August and again in January. Contact the Administration office for current year due dates.

Food Service
We STRONGLY encourage ALL families to continue to complete the Education Benefits Form regardless of food service participation. Completion of this form helps our students qualify for MANY additional programs. See the  It's More Than the Form flyer for details.

Health Clinic:  if you wish your child  to receive healthcare at the center, complete the SBHC Consent form found on the  School Based Health Center webpage.

Enrollment Information

Administration Office
P.O.. Box 825
299H W. Sunset Dr.
Roscommon, MI 48653
Phone: 989-275-6600 
Fax: 989-275-8227